Lymphatic Health Center
Facilitating Positive Outcomes as Your Partner in Change
We are dedicated to your health and safety
To our valued clients,
We remain open during the new extended lockdown period. In keeping with our governing body's recommendations and Public Health guidelines the following changes are being implemented until May 20, 2021:
1) We will continue to see existing clients who have new swelling or are in the process of swelling reduction at the clinic. We will see existing clients that have an urgent need and either cannot manage their swelling on their own or have urgent musculoskeletal difficulties.
2) New clients are still accepted, but will have an initial virtual education and health history consultation prior to an in-clinic assessment
1) All Assistive Devices authorizations will be done virtually
2) As stated above, new clients will have a pre-assessment consultation in order to decrease contact time.
1) You can contact your therapist directly
2) Leave us a message on the clinic phone. We monitor calls regularly.
3) email for any questions
4) click the book now button below to book an appointment with Catharine Burt.
Wishing you and your families all the best.
Catharine Burt RN, BScN, RMT, CDT
NEW LYMPHEDEMA SURVEILLANCE PROGRAM FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTS!
PROACTIVE MEASURES PROGRAM
The only comprehensive breast cancer-related lymphedema surveillance program in Ontario!
Surgery, lymph node removal, radiation and Taxane-based chemotherapy increase the risk of developing lymphedema for women receiving treatment for breast cancer. Research has shown that lymphedema is a chronic, progressive condition of swelling that is best caught early. Unfortunately, it is not usually diagnosed until visible swelling occurs. The evidence is telling us that lymphedema is present before it is visibly noted by a patient. We want to catch lymphedema in its very early stages before the effects of this condition become a burden to women who have already gone through so much.
Research has shown that lymphedema usually appears within the first two years after treatment for breast cancer. Ideally, our program will obtain baseline information before your surgery, but you can join at any time. We will follow you for two years after treatment and will provide you with education about the common issues that occur during and after treatment and monitoring techniques for lymphedema. You will have access to regular "webucation" events, pdf documents and social chats with your peers in the program. Unique to this program, we provide more than just education. You will also be seen at three month intervals in the first year and 6 month intervals in the second year (8 visits if began before surgery) for hands on assessment by a certified lymphedema therapist that includes limb circumference, shoulder range of motion and bioimpedance analysis with our medical grade BIA machine that can detect subtle fluid changes in your limbs and trunk.
Our website is updated regularly for program registration and "webucation" events. Please email us if you have any questions about the program or cost.
SPREAD THE WORD!
- Ongoing Monthly WorkshopsVisit booking site to join workshopOngoing Monthly WorkshopsVisit booking site to join workshopThese workshops give you up to date information on how to assess and monitor your lymphedema using a 5-step method developed by Catharine Burt RN, BScN, RMT, CDT. Available as a package to save you $$. They are ongoing so you can participate at your convenience.
- Ongoing webinarVisit booking site to register